Nxgxl blog

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Mind

Exchange of emails with Mind
To: Mind 23 jan 2014
I would refer you to my blog article on my useless MP. David Evennett who cares even less about my psychiatric illness than he does about local special needs children like my cerebral palsied daughter or the host of others who desperately need to be helped into assisted communities with ring fenced funding before the psychopaths in charge of our country do any more harm.

I was astounded at your reference to CBT.  It was support for chat therapy which is cheaper than clinical psychiatry that led me to you when rethink espoused chat therapy.  All the CBT, OT, counselling and group activities I had actually precipitated and exacerbated my psychosis.  Please take care that you do not let the government get away with even fewer experienced psychiatrists in favour of amateurs calling themselves psychologists or “therapists” when they have not gone through the 8 year clinical training a psychiatrist has.

Having escaped chat therapy my psychosis was treated laving me to deal with  my own chronic depression but sure that there is no further clinical help just a strong will and help in sleeping.

I want to see crisis centres staffed by clinicians accessible within a week of a psychotic break.  I will argue against CBT to my last breath.  It is a con trick to save money and appear to be doing what you are not.

Unless I see you understand this you have lost my support.

I will post this exchange of emails along with mine to you in my facebook depressionnes group.  You are members of it.  I will put the content in my blog at nigeles.blogspot.com where you are welcome to comment on my view.

***********************************************************

From: Mind campaigns team
Sent: Thursday, November 28, 2013 1:44 PM


When you experience a mental health problem, early access to the right type of psychological therapy - like Cognitive Behavioural Therapy or counselling - can make a huge difference to your recovery and prevent the problem getting worse. However research for the We Need to Talk coalition's new report, We still need to talk, has found that people are still waiting far too long for psychological therapies.

Take action and email your MP
You told us you don't always get access to the right therapy at the right time which can have a hugely negative impact on your mental health and your life. In our survey, one in 10 people waited over a year and over half waited more than 3 months. That is not good enough.
Almost 3 out of 5 people weren't offered a choice of the type of therapy they received. Different therapies work well for different people, so we want you to have a full choice of therapies, so you can access the right treatment for you.
People from black and minority ethnic communities and people with severe mental health problems, as well as other vulnerable groups, find it even harder to access psychological therapies on the NHS.
The We Need to Talk coalition is calling for the NHS in England to offer a full range of evidence-based psychological therapies to everyone who needs them within 28 days of requesting a referral. This should be even sooner if you’re in a mental health crisis.

Join us. Get your MP to demand the Government and NHS England invest more in psychological therapies to meet rising demand and introduce maximum waiting time standards urgently.

Best Wishes,

Mind Policy and Campaigns team


No comments:

Post a Comment